Sunday, July 21, 2013

Water Blob!!

After a week of weather in the 90's, which meant basically hanging out inside most of the time, I decided that we needed to have some outdoor fun known as 'The Water Blob'! I found this idea...on Pinterest of course! I came across a pin for the water blob from We-Made-That.com. Her blog has lots of great ideas for fun things to do with your little ones.


I have been wanting to make the blob for a while and decided that this was a great time to bring it out. This is such a simple and fun thing to make! All you need is: plastic sheeting (10 feet by 25 feet - Home Depot), duct tape, and water. I taped it together in about 15 minutes. Then it took another 15-20 to fill the sucker up with water (lord knows what my water bill is going to be this month, but it was totally worth it!). If you want to be more creative, you can also add food coloring, glitter, rubber toys, etc. to the water....but since this was our first attempt I decided to keep it super simple.


This is the blob after I had duct taped the three sides and started to fill it with water. I tried using blue food coloring, but didn't put nearly enough in it to color all of the water.

 


Needless to say, The Princess was on the blob before it was even partially filled up. She was stomping, rolling, jumping, making waves, inspecting the air bubbles, etc. After playing for a bit, she asked me to go get some of her tub toys to play with. She pretended that they were swimming in the water.

The seams were starting to leak a little and, as you might see, we had to put weights on one side. Our back yard is very sloped. I thought I had found a fairly flat area, but as the water filled in, the blob started to roll! Haha! Husband went and put some weights on the high side to keep it from rolling away. Eventually we got too hot and had to go inside, but The Princess spent a good hour and a half playing on the water blob. We sure wish Neenee and Papaw could have been here to enjoy the fun time!

No comments:

Post a Comment